“I don’t think I’ll ever see a poem as beautiful as a tree.” Although the famous words were panned by Joyce Kilmer many years ago. Joyce, in this case, it’s a boy’s name. He died in 1918, so you can find out why he was only talking about poems back then, and that’s because he never got the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated magazine.
This is my list of the 10 most popular Sports Illustrated swimsuit models. Now you can disagree with me. I understand that. Heck, I could change my mind five times, and that would only be for tomorrow.
10. Yamilla Diaz-Rahi. Yamila made her debut in the 1999 edition of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. She was so popular that she was featured on the cover of the magazine in 2002 and 2006. She has also been on the cover of several other men’s magazines. She was born in Argentina, but her parents are from Spain and Lebanon.
9. Rachel Hunter is a New Zealander who appeared in the 1989 swimsuit issue. She made the dream team cover of SI’s annual swimsuit issue in 1994.
8. Jessica Van Der Steen is a Belgian fashion model. She again in SI 2004 and 2005. He is currently a model for Victoria’s Secret. Are you surprised?
7. Elsa Benitez was featured on the cover of the 2001 SI swimsuit issue and has appeared five more times since.
6. Molly Sims has appeared in 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2004 swimsuits in 2006. In 2006, she wore a diamond-studded bikini worth over $30 million.
5. Veronika Varekova was born in the Czech Republic. She arrived in New York at age 19 to attend Parsons School of Design, which was discovered by a major New York modeling agency and almost immediately after appeared on the covers of major magazines around the world, including the cover of SI 2004.
4. Kim Alexis was an SI swimsuit model in the 1980s. She has hosted health shows on television and ran marathons. If you had a personal trainer like Kim, do you think he would train more?
3. Marissa Miller has appeared in every issue of the SI Swimsuit Edition since 2002. Her 2008 cover sold a record number of Sports Illustrated magazine. Marissa is another Victoria’s Secret girl.
2. Bar Refaeli was the cover model of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue of 2009. Her parents own a horse ranch in Israel.
1. Daniela Pestova has been the swimsuit model three times. I chose her as number 1 because there were 11 years between her first cover in 1995 and her last cover in 2006. Anyone who can stay hot that long deserves the top.